I’ve just returned from market week in Las Vegas. While there, I saw several key trends repeated over and over again across many manufacturers. I wanted to take just a minute to highlight them to you. These are the key trends for summer 2017, you will want to look for and buy.
- Embroidered denim: I saw a lot of denim embellished with large and colorful floral embroidery. Floral prints are a huge trend too (see below) so this offers a way to make denim seem special while highlighting an important trend.
- Off the Shoulder Tops: It is all about bearing your shoulders this season. The total off the shoulder style looks great on, and is a wonderful summer look. Don’t let fear over how to wear a bra with this style dissuade you. Use a bandeaux (bra like cami) to make this style wearable and comfortable.
- The One Shoulder: I also saw a lot of tops that had an asymmetrical one shoulder design like this little number in yellow. Again, a bandeaux cami will solve the problem of not being able to wear a bra.
- The Collar: Everything from dresses to tops were embellished with a collar style detail that goes all the way around your neck. My guess is it won’t be for everyone, but the style looks really cute and it is new and fun.
- The Floral: Floral prints were everywhere. If you are a girly girl at heart, this is your season. Gone are the military and utilitarian styles, and florals are queen. You’ll see everything this season from small petite prints like the one above to larger and bolder floral prints.
One thought on “Five Key Summer Trends”
Pingback: What Is A Waffle Top? | Talking Trends